Thursday, June 18, 2020

Mary Jane's Garden - Awakening


Darkness makes light shine, brings forward and forth beaming color, textures previously flat now wrinkle, flow, curve, carry the eye. Wake early for the best light, soft, kind, and warming. Forgiving. Later in the day, dark backgrounds hard to find will no longer offer solace from harsh bright hot sunshine so tender when she was young now as powerful as the evening dark in its time.





Waking up with light filtering in the window, yet darkness pulling at my eyes holding me down, weighing against my chest, slumber fights with a new day calling. Fingertips, of my loved one, trace the lines of passion waking one sniew at a time. The light and her touch pull me up from the deep dark well, the cavernous, lightless place, like quicksand, slow to release.


Darkness pulls back hard. Light perseveres, first in accentuation, forcing awareness, demanding observation of details not yet formed into a complete thought.



  From a floor of heavy dew in dark chambers of mushrooms, light pushes dark back to her corner - the world is new, alive, awake, again. 

As am I, thanks to my loved one and a morning walk-in 
Mary Jane's Garden. 


From Mary Jane's Garden - Awakening.
   Bernie Paquette

1 comment: