Monday, December 10, 2018

Santa visits Jericho Country Store


I just came back from a lovely trip around Jericho, Vermont.


Stopped off at the Jericho Country Store


And lo and behold who did I find


none other than St. Nick,


 Ole Santa Claus had come to town.


Yup, I can attest, it is REAL. 
The real deal. 
He truly is SANTA.





At first, I could not believe my eyes
yet there is a great big red chair
by the milk and cider and another fare
was the old cheery elf himself
why he even brought along one of his special Christmas wish mailboxes
not to mention candy canes and lots of cookies with colorful sprinkles on top.



He wasted not a minute as he began to greet children of all ages
receiving their Christmas wish lists
some written others told to him verbally.
He read each letter with care,
and listened intently asking for much detail
to be sure he could fulfill as much as possible
and as precisely as possible each child's wish. 

Why even the Grinch was merry, though a bit green from eating too many cookies I did think.



















































A wardrobe comparison did make me aware Santa looked just like I expected he would, dressed in his velvety red suit with bunny-like stockings at the top of his boots, and a hat just like mine only mine is green and his of course is red. 




As Santa kissed me lightly all the hair did stand on top of my head. 


When Santa told me he knew how good I had been (all year), I beamed with pleasure as the thoughts of sugar plums danced in my head (and some neat toys).






















Santa, did you ride your reindeer or take a plane - oh yes please I would like a candy cane. 









"Aside from the typical toys like Nintendo, Nerf guns, etc. on their wish list... just heard from a six-year-old say he wanted a Fitbit, a five-year-old girl wants a 'cleaning set' (to help clean the house), and an adorable six-year-old boy could only come up with a wish for a girlfriend! What a fun time!" ~Santa 









































Proud dads and moms thanked Santa for coming to (Jericho) town. 


How indeed do you fit down the chimney Santa?






















































Why you look just like one of my favorite helpers back at Santa Land. 


































































































































































































Thank You, Santa, and Santa's helpers.












Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night. 
~Bernie
For caring and sharing equals community.





No comments:

Post a Comment