Wednesday, August 10, 2022

What I Did on My Summer Vacation (aka Gardening Fever)

   If you are like me, you are almost always thinking of more plants or seeds to put in the ground. However, we must remind ourselves from time to time, for every season there is a time to....  We are now in harvesting season, and what joy it is as Maeve would give testimony. 

Still, already thoughts grow of next spring, next season; how an empty spot might be utilized. How a gap in flowering time might be filled, how nice a ___ would be growing by the ___.

Therefore, here is a reminder for us to sometimes if not often, stroll through or sit back and just observe and enjoy the (plant) life in front of us. 

"For five years I raced around digging ponds, chopping trees, clearing paths, pulling rocks, unclogging channels, planting - always making lists, plans, agendas, always "improving" things... One day, after finishing yet another important project, I made a list of all the things I had left to do... According to my schedule, I could begin enjoying my land twenty-five years down the line. 

Something was dreadfully wrong." 

                John Taylor Gatto, What I Did On My Summer Vacation


 Carpe Diem




No comments:

Post a Comment