Friday, April 19, 2019

Jericho Easter Bunny with a Tale to Tell


The Jericho Easter Bunny
 

The Jericho Easter Bunny quietly peaked out of the tall grasses while I was walking the Mobbs Farm Trail earlier this week. She folded back her ears waiting for me to bend down close to her and hear what she had to say. 

Her long thin whiskers twitched with excitement. I knew then that she had something unusual and important to tell me.

She swore me to secrecy, except that I could relay this story to those who understood the magic that only occurs during Easter.

To my surprise her story, as she relayed it to me, spoke not of Easter eggs, though she surely could tell many a colorful basket-full of tales sweeter than ever.

Instead, the Easter Bunny, first looking right, and then left, then behind her, started to tell me a tale as bushy and beautiful as her own bunny tail.

She whispered so softly I could barely hear her above the swishing of the swaying grasses. I leaned in closer, so close I could feel the soft fur of Mrs. Bunny against my face, tickling my nose.

I listened quietly and intently as she began telling me this story, “A long, long, long time ago, a young bunny nicknamed ‘MB’ born along with 21 siblings (brothers and sisters) - longed to make the tradition of Easter eggs even more special for a few nature loving children.

Each year while her brothers and sister gathered eggs, and dutifully painted them in preparation of Easter, she secretly gathered Magic Beans; not the kind that Jack used to grow a beanstalk into the clouds. These magic beans were even more special.

MB’s magic beans came in different colors just as the children who would receive them are different colors. Their magic only works if the child receiving them observes nature carefully for all its magical secrets. MB also added a touch of gentleness and caring to each magic bean so that the children would pass on the same to Mother Nature.

This Magic Bean tradition, handed down to only one special bunny, occurs only rarely. And so Mrs. Rabbit ended her story, again looking all around to insure the secret was safe.

Mrs. Rabbit added slyly that in order for the magic to continue the children who receive one of these magic beans must tell others about the magic of observing nature and of the many secrets the outdoors offers to those willing to stop, look, and listen. For nature has many wonderful stories, sights, and sounds!


Before she bound away in quick successive hops, she told me where to find a few (one for each child) of these Easter Magic Beans. 





         Praying for tolerance, love, understanding, empathy, respect and the ability to demonstrate each of these with everyone I care for, as well as everyone I meet.  





        
                 
Go ahead, give bunny and
someone you love,
a great big hug!



Take a walk and enjoy the great outdoors.



  While you walk, consider picking up any litter you see. Leave the leaf litter - it makes for good compost, however pick up any littered trash for it leaves a blemish on our landscape, and gives the Rabbit Hopp family indigestion.


                                
                                                            HAPPY EASTER

No comments:

Post a Comment